From Stephanie Moore, Daniel B. Stephens & Associates
The Daniel B. Stephens & Associates, Inc. (DBS&A) Team has been retained by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) to develop a conceptual model for the Marathon Aquifer. In 2001, the Texas Legislature mandated that the TWDB obtain or develop groundwater availability models for all major and minor aquifers in Texas in coordination with groundwater conservation districts and regional water planning groups (Texas Water Code Section 16.012). The Marathon Aquifer is a formally designated minor aquifer in Texas, and the conceptual model is required prior to the development of a groundwater availability model.
The DBS&A Team is hosting several Stakeholder Advisory Forums to kick off the conceptual model development process and discuss the following topics as they relate to the Marathon Aquifer:
· Basics of groundwater flow in the aquifer;
· Concepts of numerical groundwater flow modeling;
· Our planned approach for aquifer investigations and conceptual model development;
· Request relevant scientific data and model input information;
· The project schedule; and
· Expectations of the conceptual model.
These meetings are open to the public. However, due to the Covid 19 pandemic guidance from the Governor, in-person meetings are limited to a maximum of 10 people. To accommodate this requirement yet obtain input from and provide information to as many stakeholders as possible, we have scheduled four meetings over a two day period. We ask that, to the extent possible, only one representative from each interested family/property attend.
Please review the available times carefully and contact Danielle Gallo at email@example.com or 432-244-8446 to reserve your place at one of the following sessions. Available slots will be filled on a first come- first serve basis.
Meetings will be held at the Marathon High School library at the following times:
· Thursday, December 3rd, 2020
o 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
o 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
· Friday, December 4th, 2020
o 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
o 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Each meeting will begin with a pre-recorded video presentation that will be followed by 30 minutes for questions and answers. A TWDB representative will be available through remote connection at each meeting, and DBS&A project team staff will be present in person to answer questions.
The recording of the presentation will be available on the TWDB YouTube site for public viewing at any time, and a meeting summary, including questions and answers, will be posted on the TWDB web site at https://www.twdb.texas.gov/groundwater/models/gam/mrtn/mrtn.asp.
Questions about this project should be directed to the following DBS&A team members:
· Mr. Neil Blandford, Principal Hydrologist/Senior Vice President and Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (505) 353-9105
· Ms. Stephanie J. Moore, Senior Hydrologist, at email@example.com or (512) 651-6013
· Ms. Danielle Gallo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (432) 244-8446
Questions can also be directed to the TWDB’s primary contact for this project, Mr. Jean Perez, at email@example.com or (512) 936-0870.