The Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts is pleased to present a free educational webinar for TAGD members and the greater water community. Click here to download a flyer that you can distribute to any interested parties.
December 8, 2020
Robyn Grimm, Environmental Defense Fund
Forrest Melton, NASA/CSU Monterey Bay
Justin Huntington, Desert Research Institute
Access to consumptive water use data for irrigated agriculture has been limited and expensive, keeping it out of the hands of most water users and decision-makers. OpenET is a collaborative effort to develop an online platform for mapping evapotranspiration (ET) at the scale of individual fields. A partnership between NASA, the Desert Research Institute, and Environmental Defense Fund, and Google Earth Engine, OpenET aims to use the best available science and publicly available data to increase access to satellite-based ET and consumptive water use information for farmers and water managers.
For more information about OpenET, please see: https://openetdata.org/.
TAGD Cybersecurity Awareness Training
As part of TAGD’s mission to serve as an educational resource to its members, TAGD is thrilled to be offering our members a free, on-demand Cybersecurity Awareness Training program certified by the Texas Department of Information Resources. Thanks to our amazing sponsors for supporting this program!
House Bill 3834 from the 86th regular session of the Texas Legislature amended section 2054 of the Texas Government Code to require completion of a certified cybersecurity awareness program by all local government employees with government computer system access, as well as all elected officials.
Complete the following steps:
1. Click here to register all of your district’s participants – no payment is necessary!
2. Receive an automated confirmation email that contains a link to the training video.
3. Distribute the video link for registered participants to complete the training independently, or show the training video at your next board or staff meeting.
4. Watch the training video, which is 33 minutes long.
5. Complete the post-training assessment, and get 7 out of 10 questions correct.
6. Receive your completion certificate from TAGD via email within 5 business days.
7. Self-report your district’s compliance by June 15, 2021. Click here to view information and forms related to reporting.
Questions? Contact Julia Stanford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-596-3101