TAGD Business Meetings
About TAGD Regular Business Meetings
TAGD holds regular meetings to discuss advances in groundwater science and technology, provide updates on legal and legislative matters, address membership needs, and provide networking opportunities for people working within the groundwater community. These meetings help further TAGD’s mission and are an excellent opportunity for groundwater conservation district staff and other groundwater professionals to share and learn new information. Regular Business Meeting speakers have included:
- State Legislators
- Employees of the Texas Water Development Board, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and other state agencies
- Consulting engineers and hydrogeologists
- Practicing attorneys
- Groundwater Conservation District staff and board members
Spring 2023 Regular Business Meeting
Registration is now open for the TAGD Regular Business Meeting, GCD Boot Camp: Field Edition, and PFIA Training. All events will take place June 6-7 at the Courtyard by Marriott Pflugerville. View a visual schedule here to understand the flow of the events. Click the tabs below to view more information and registration links for each event.
Join the TAGD family in Pflugerville for a regular business meeting, speaker series, and networking happy hour. Click here to view an agenda and register for the meeting. Attendees can look forward to conducting TAGD business and hearing presentations on GCD grant funding, new tools to strengthen driller relationships, rainwater harvesting programs, agency updates, and a legislative session debrief.
GCD Boot Camp: Field Edition
TAGD is pleased to present a new module in the GCD Boot Camp series, aimed specifically at groundwater conservation district field staff and their supervisors. Join us before the business meeting on Tuesday, June 6 to learn about the following topics from fieldwork pros and peer experts:
- Best Practices in Data Collection
- Field Reporting
- Monitor Well Technologies
- Maintenance Program Considerations
The cost of this training is $75 per person. Click here to view a draft agenda and register.
TAGD is proud to offer a Public Funds Investment Act Training, taught by Greg Ellis, that specifically focuses on the requirements and challenges faced by groundwater conservation districts. Please read the following details carefully.
- This training will be offered on Wednesday, June 7 from 8am-2pm, with the 4-hour course beginning at 10am.
- The cost of this training is $175 (4-hour) or $235 (6-hour) per person and includes a meal for a working lunch.
- For those unable to travel to Pflugerville, we can offer the training virtually, broadcast through GoToWebinar.
Click here to register.
Sponsorship & Exhibit Opportunities
Interested in sharing information or demonstrating your organization’s commitment to TAGD? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to secure an exhibitor table ($250) or sponsor the networking reception ($250 or $500) at the next TAGD business meeting.